WordPress Application Developer & Customer Support Engineer (f/t or contract, remote or in-house)
The mission that gets us out of bed in the morning is simple: help millions of people get the great manager they deserve. People’s relationships with their managers are a major driver of job satisfaction. With good managers, teams and companies thrive. With bad managers, teams and companies implode. That’s why we built a web application to help managers be effective people leaders.
We’re a high-performing team of entrepreneurs and deep thinkers who get really excited about ideas and learning. And with more than 50 delighted customers (including FitBit, Etsy, Carfax, and Glassdoor), we’re well on our way to building a strong, sustainable enterprise SaaS company. To learn more, visit jhana.com.
About the job:
We’re looking for a strong WordPress developer to be our first in-house engineering hire (we prefer full-time but are open to part- or full-time contract or contract-to-hire for the right person). This is a huge opportunity to help us (or even lead us!) in scaling our technical onboarding and support processes. You’ll also be collaborating with our WordPress development agency and product and client success teams to ensure a secure, seamless, and downright awesome experience for managers.
This often means collaborating and coordinating with multiple stakeholders, from a client’s IT department to our own non-technical writers. If you’re the type who’s motivated by translating people’s real-world problems into technical solutions that users love — and doing so seems all the more exciting in an ever-evolving startup environment — then you’ll probably like it here.
- Manage technical onboarding and support for new Jhana customers.
- Provide first response WordPress platform support for Jhana’s customers.
- Work with our Platform team to design and code WordPress platform innovations.
- 4+ years daily WordPress development experience including: Demonstrable understanding of WordPress standards, database structure and security, custom theme development, custom widget development, and responsive mobile WordPress theme development and testing.
- You have a people-person side and enjoy communicating with a range of stakeholders (clients, internal teams, IT staff, and non-technical people).
- You’re self-motivated, collaborative, adaptable and excited about building, fixing, and improving a fast-changing startup.
- The opportunity to move the needle and to see the immediate impact of your work
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- Company-paid medical and dental coverage
- Discretionary paid time off: we treat employees like responsible, trusted adults, giving the flexibility needed manage their work and personal lives
- Remote-work friendly company culture
- Personal learning and professional development budgets
- Dog friendly office
We value diversityJhana is an equal opportunity employer, and we're actively recruiting diverse candidates from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Not sure what we mean by that? Read this article by Robin Cangie, head of our Diversity Impact Team, to learn more about our approach to building a diverse company.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!